Archive for September, 2008
The Chemical Brothers have churned out numerous top tunes over the years. “Star Guitar” is near the top of that list. Recently Japan’s Shinichi Osawa released his own interpretation of the track along with a slew of remixes from top talent such as Patrick Alavi, Streetlife DJs, Jaymo, and Cagedbaby. All of which bring new light to the original. Brookes Brothers and Japanese Popstars provide two standout re-works. The entire EP is solid. Make sure you pick it up here!
Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (Brookes Brothers Remix)
We are very excited about the notion that some new Basement Jaxx material is on its way later this year. They continue to evolve and take dance music to new and exotic places with each subsequent album. In the meantime, the Jaxx have recently released the “Planet 2″ EP on their Atlantix Jaxx label. This is a special pink vinyl only release that hit the shops on September 12th. The “Planet 1″ EP was released back in August on yellow vinyl. No word yet on a digital versions of each. Will keep you posted.
In celebration of the new EP we present you with one of our favorite remixes of 1999’s “Red Alert” by Steve Gurley. This one will bring you back to the glory days of the 2-Step movement in the UK. Good stuff.
Russia’s The Proxy blessed us with a dark tune that has been a staple for most every big name DJ in recent months. “Raven” is getting an official release (10/8/2008) on Tiga’s Turbo Recordings with remixes from Marseille and Polymorphic. In honor of this release, he stopped by Radio 1 to lay down a mix full of electro nuggets.
Here he is dropping “Raven” live:
Chemical Brothers – ‘Hey Boy Hey Girl’ [Soulwax Remix] (Virgin)
Laven & MSO ft. Malte – ‘Reach’ [Alte Schule Acid Instrumental] (Klang Elektronic)
Polymorpbic – ‘Rock To Play’ (White)
Autodidakt – ‘Shit Your Rack’ [Proxy Remix] (Traktor)
Volatile – ‘Faces Of War’ (White)
Proxy – ‘Who Are You?’ (Turbo)
Math Head – ‘Get Hype’ (Trouble & Bass Palms Out Sounds)
Aleem –‘Felix Yo!’[Chef Remix](Pro-Zak Trax)
Shadow Dancer – ‘Cowbois’ [Dilemn Remix]
Math Head – ‘Turn The Music Up’ [AC Slater Remix] (Trouble & Bass Palms Out Sounds)
Digitalism – ‘Home Zone’ [Proxy Remix] (White)
Proxy – ‘Raven’ [Live Edit] (Turbo)
Medicine – ‘I’m Sick’ (Next Century)
Australia’s NEVEREVERLAND music festival is coming back in December to celebrate Modular’s 10th birthday. Last year, Daft Punk was a headliner as part of their first Australian tour. Some amazing behind the scenes footage of their performance amongst others has been compiled to promote this years festival. Lineup to be announced soon. Good stuff.
This tune is an absolute monster! We spoke to Computer Club on Twitter and he gave us the go ahead to post. He and Le Castle Vania took Konflict’s drum&bass classic “Messiah” and transformed it into a proper electro-house stomper. Think Justice on steroids.
Here is a special mix Computer Club put together for the recent Nocturnal Festival in southern California.
Computer Club - Nocturnal Festival Promo Mix
01. Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat (Computer Club’s Fat Eric Remix)
02. Treasure Fingers - Cross The Dancefloor (Laidback Luke Remix)
03. Hatrias - Something About You
04. Jupiter One - Countdown (Designer Drugs Remix)
05. John Legend & Andre 3000 - Green Light (MSTRKRFT Remix)
06. Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix)
07. Computer Club & Le Castle Vania - Messiah (one)
08. Your Dirty Habit - Your Dirty Habit (Computer Club Remix)
09. Kill The Noise - KILL KILL KILL
10. FEED ME - Raw Chicken
11. Computer Club - Load Rocket
12. SebastiAn vs. The Who - Baba O’Reilly (Computer Club edit)
13. MGMT - Electric Feel (True Pseudo Remix)
14. Edison Gem - Things Change (Villians Remix)
15. The American Dream Team - Money (feat. Whisky Pete)
16. Stardust - Music Sounds Betta’ With You (On Off On edit)
17. Wired All Wrong - Elevatin’ (Computer Club Remix)